Friday, July 31, 2009

Just one of those days!!

So, I just need to vent!!! It's been one of those days. I had a wedding cake to work on today and because Rindy, who is usually my helper had to work, I was pretty much almost on my own. Which isn't a big deal, doing the cake by myself is just fine, where I need the help is watching the kiddos while I'm doing it, and then transportation. My mom called and said she would be able to come out with my little sister after her practice, I was relieved. Up until then, I was fighting with Elam because he just wanted to be held and I was fighting the heat. You see, I decided to do the cake down at the church because I would have more counter room and I would have more room in the fridge as well. Well, the a/c just hasn't been working very well in the gym/kitchen so it was HOT! Anyhow, my mom got there and relieved me of the kids so I could do the cake. When I finished we drove, very slowly, to the location of the reception. Well my amateur sister, who I can't blame because she has never done this before, palmed one side of the cake while she was trying to keep it from moving. EEEEEEKKKKK! I was freaking out!! I took a few breathes, more like a billion, and kept driving to the place. We got it there, set it up, tried to cover the hand print, put the ribbon and feathers on, and finished it. It turned out well!! Everybody really liked it!! They were asking me for some business cards so they could give them to their friends (I know, I know Cameron, I'm going to make some). I took some pictures and then returned to the car to apologize to my sister for freaking out on her. Sorry Morg!! I thought my long day was over, until I erased the pictures on my camera as I was downloading them to the computer!! What can I say, It's just been one of those days! I will post pics of the cake as soon as the bride & groom email me some! Just glad this day is over!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Trystan, how frustrating, and I know the heat doesn't help matters :( Well, I can imagine that the cake was super duper gorgeous! You should have called me; I would have gladly helped! Anyway, I have an idea for your business cards, a place I found on Etsy; it seems pretty cheap! I will tell you about it tomorrow! I hope your Saturday was much better :)

    Take care,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete