Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dads Birthday

This past week or two, it seems, have been just keeping us crazy busy. Between Willbert helping my brother with his house and moving, baby showers, baby's being born, family in town, 4th of July, and lots of other little things, I feel like I need a really long uninterrupted nap. (yes Elam I am talking to you) Things should finally slow down, just in time to get things ready for Elams birthday party on Saturday. I decided I wanted to do a Dr. Seuss themed birthday party for him, even though its only going to be family and close friends. I LOVE Dr. Seuss. I don't know what it is, well maybe I do, I just think he is genius. I'm probably exagerating a little bit, but his stuff is entertaining for both kids and adults. Come on, have you ever tried to read Fox in Socks? On the front cover it dares you to read it aloud, as fast as you can, but also tells you that the fox is a tricky fox, and he will try to get your tongue in trouble. And the beginning pages warn you to "take it slow, this book is dangerous". I will have to say from experience that they are right, your first couple of times you need to read it slow and pronounce everything because it is so easy to mess up. Try to read this fast:
"When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle...." (it goes on)
Fun! I just have to say I love Dr. Seuss and especially love the idea of throwing a birthday party themed around his books! Sorry, I get excited pretty easily!
One other thing we did this weekend was we celebrated my Dad's birthday. We went over to his house after church today for dinner, cake, and some ice cream. Here are a few pics of the cake.(I wonder who made it:)


1 comment:

  1. Yay, I found your blog! Those pictures are amazing; you are sooo talented :) And I have to admit, I was a little sad seeing pictures of that lovely cake; I bet it was delish! I was bummed we had to leave before cake cutting, but glad we could all get together!

    See you Saturday!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete